frequently asked questions
1. Where do we pick up our rental vehicle?
We are located at 2000 Maui Veterans Highway. Less than a 10 minute drive from the Airport.
We will meet you with your vehicle in front of the entrance gate. Please allow for 5-10 minutes
for going over the Rental paperwork.
2. What are the check in and check out times?
Check In is at 3pm checkout is at 12pm.
3. Can you provide Airport pickup and Drop-off?
Yes, depending on the time of your flight we may be able to provide this service.
It is $20 each way. Please email us with this request.
4. Can we arrange to pick up our vehicle early or drop it off later?
Yes if your vehicle is available earlier we are happy to have you check in early. If you would like to keep the vehicle later you will have to request a late checkout and there is a fee of $75 to keep
your vehicle until 6pm. If you need to keep it later than 6pm please reach out so we can
5. Do you charge for Mileage? No it’s unlimited.
6. Where can we camp?
Please see our list of campgrounds “link”
7. What items are included with our Rental?
Please see what gear and items are provided free of charge with your rental “link to list of gear”
8. What is the minimum age requirement to rent your vehicle?
We require you to be a minimum of 21 yrs. For insurance coverage.
9. Do you offer insurance coverage?
We do not offer insurance for purchase but can recommend a few insurance providers.
10. Driver License Requirements?
U.S./Canada residents require a valid driver license. International drivers require a valid driver license and passport. If your license is not written in the Latin alphabet or English, you are required to obtain an International Driving Permit (IDP).
11. Are there any roads we can not drive our Rental vehicle?
Yes, there is no off-roading permitted. You must drive on designated paved roads only, no dirt roads. The areas that are not permitted are:
-Poli Poli past the Lavender Farm
-Road to Jaws
-Past Kipahulu to Nu’u Bay aka the Backside
-The section between/past Nakalele Blowhole and Waihee Ridge Trail
12. How much luggage can we bring?
There is enough space under the bed for either 2 backpacks OR 2 medium sized luggage. Travelling light allows for you to access your belongings and gear more easily.
13. Should we make reservations for campsites ahead of time?
Absolutely! Camping on Maui has become a very popular way to visit the island.
Reserve your spots in advance.
14. Is there a deposit required?
Yes there will be a deposit held of $500. This will be returned 7 days after your reservation
15. What’s your cancellation policy?
If you cancel more than 2 weeks before your check in date a full refund will be provided.
Cancelling within 48hrs of your trip you will receive no refund.